Download or print instructions : PDF
To set up Outlook 2007 for IMAP, perform the following steps:
- In Outlook, select Tools / Account Settings and on the Email tab, click the New button.
- If prompted, ensure that the Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP option button is selected, and
click the Next button, select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box and click the Next button.
- Ensure that the Internet E-mail radio button is selected, and click the Next button and enter the following
- Your Name—Enter your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
- E-mail Address—Enter your entire email address (e.g., myname@Reagan.com).
- Account Type—Select IMAP from the drop-down menu.
- Incoming mail server—Enter the secure server name: secure.emailsrvr.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP)—Enter the secure server name: secure.emailsrvr.com
- User Name—Enter your entire email address (e.g., myname@Reagan.com).
- Password—Enter the password for your email account.
Note: If your internal system configurations require non-SSL ports, please see the "Email Server Settings" page for our full list of available servers and ports.
- Click the More Settings button, then click the Outgoing Server tab and select the My outgoing server (SMTP)
requires authentication check box. Leave the default setting, Use same settings as my incoming mail.
- Click the Advanced tab, In both of the Use the following type of encrypted connection drop-down
menus, select SSL.
- In the Incoming server (IMAP) box, enter the secure incoming port: 993 and in the Outgoing server
(SMTP) box, enter the secure outgoing port: 465.
- Click the OK button, click the Next button, click the Finish button and click the Close button.
Folders should sync automatically with an IMAP account; however, if you have added folders in Webmail and they are not showing in Outlook, perform the following steps:
- Select Tools / IMAP Folders and the click the Query button.
- Select the newly added folder(s), and click the Subscribe button and click the OK button.
- Restart Outlook to update the folder list.